Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June

June is almost over! That means that before long I will no longer be a resident of New Jersey, which to me is a very good thing. I miss Mike! Unfortunately my moving date has been pushed back into July since things with the house are moving so slow, but I'm hoping that they speed up soon. 

Mike got me a Ross Bow last week so I'm super excited to start practicing for this deer season. In the meantime I've been trying to use up the small amount of food, mostly venison, that I have in my freezer. When I make the trip out to Ohio in a few weeks, I don't have to worry about keeping any frozen foods frozen. So, I've been doing a lot of cooking lately, and inviting my best friend or sister over to help eat the food I make.

I figured since most (if not all) of my blog followers are hunters, I might as well share a few of my favorite venison recipes that I invented on my own or are my own variation of another recipe. So, here they are!!!

Montreal Venison

1-2 backstraps
Montreal Steak seasoning

Sprinkle backstraps with steak seasoning on all sides. Place in aluminum baking pan/cookie sheet and bake at 500 for ten minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes before cutting so that the steak retains its juices.

Venison Enchiladas

1 small onion diced
1 small green pepper diced
2 teaspoons of oil
3 cups (approximately) of shredded/chopped/or ground cooked venison
1 tub of Sante Fe Philidelphia Cooking Creme
1 cup shredded cheese, whichever flavor you like
6 whole wheat tortillas (6 inch)

Oven: 350 F

Cook onions and pepper in hot oil in a large skillet/pot over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in venison, 3/4 cup of cooking creme and cheese. Divide evenly between tortillas and roll up. Place in a 13x9" baking dish or on a cookie sheet, sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon remaining creme over tortillas, sprinkle more cheese on top if you like. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Can also serve topped with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, extra cheese

Restaurant Style Venison Parmesan

Venison loin/steak sliced thin (1/8-1/4")
Cooking Oil
Shredded Mozzeralla
Tomato sauce
Parmesan Cheese
2 beaten eggs
Seasoned breadcrumbs

Dip venison pieces into beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Heat oil on medium-hi until hot. Fry venison in oil until golden brown, flipping once. Place venison on papertowels for several minues to rid of excess oil. Place cooked venison in 13x9" baking dish, cover with sauce and sprinkle with Mozzeralla and parmesan cheese. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over spaghetti noodles or italian bread

No comments:

Post a Comment