Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hunters Delight

The other night I had my first taste of elk meat...and it was SO GOOD!!! Mike and the kids all loved it, we had leftovers the second night and all of them still had second helpings. I used cubed steak meat for what I made the other night, and I can't wait to try an actual steak on the grill.

*Hunters Delight*

2 and 1/2 lbs of red potatoes, uncooked, peeled and sliced
2 medium onions, sliced
2 lbs of uncooked cubed uncooked elk meat (can also used venison or beef)
1 to 2 lbs of cooked bacon, crumbled
2 cans of creamed corn
1 tsp sugar
4 tbs Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

In a crockpot, layer the potatoes and onions. Second layer: meat and bacon.
In a bowl, combine corn, sugar, W. sauce, and salt and pepper. Pour over meat layer. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I served it with homemade mozzarella sticks, it was so yummy!!!

*Mozzarella Sticks*

12 cheesesticks
12 eggroll wrappers (Can be found in the refrigerated organic food section at your local supermarket)

Wrap the eggroll wrappers burrito-style tightly around each cheese stick. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment