Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life Goes On

Though turkey season has ended, my life goes on. I haven't seen a carp in the river, and I keep forgetting to bring my other fishing stuff home from my parents house. If nothing else I would be able to catch some catfish, suckers, or carp by just using worm and sinkers.

Honestly I haven't been fishing in forever; I've never been much of a fisherman (fisherwoman?).

I feel like now that hunting season is over, I have nothing to blog about. I wonder how interesting it would be to blog about fishing??? Probably as exciting as watching it on TV...which is extremely boring.

Normally this time of year I would be setting out trail cameras and salt blocks and planting food plots. But since I won't be hunting NJ this year it would be pointless.

So, since I can't go fishing, hunting, or scouting, and don't see anything to bowfish, I've been trying to keep myself occupied with other things. I've been spending more time with my best friend now tha college is out and hunting season is over.

I've been able to go tanning for the first time since I started working at the farm five years ago. So now I've got a nice tan (my realtree bikini hasn't had this much use since I bought it a few years ago) and I managed to get rid of the tan lines I had achieved from wearing shorts to the farm everyday.

There was a bit of excitement here in the neighborhood today. I was laying out in the sun, soaking up some of the brutally hot sun since it was over 90 degrees, and I heard some gunshots fired nearby. This isn't exactly the kind of place that's suitable for target practice since there are quite a few houses here, so I thought it was strange. Sure enough the cops showed up a few minutes later and blocked off the road for about an hour. Not sure what happened, but I'm sure I'll find out in the news.

I spent a rather uneventful Memorial Day at my parents on monday for our annual picnic. I pretty much just hung out with my dog and helped make some of the food. Honestly if it weren't for the food I wouldn't even bother going, but the food is so good I can't bring myself not to go, no matter how miserable my family is. I generally feel a little weird though, since I pile my plate with food and then watch my skinny sisters eat half a hotdog and declare they're full. I guess that's how they stay skinny, but I'd rather maintain a healthy weight, enjoy my food, and have the energy to walk more than a few yards. But, that's just me.

So, plans for this week...hanging out with my BFF to celebrate her birthday, going to head to my parents to hang out with my sister Sarah and cheer her up since she's not allowed to go to Senior Prom OR hang out with me at my house. And, try to remember to get my fishing stuff.

And, hopefully I will be moved to Ohio by the middle/end of June!!! It's funny that me, the girl who always swore she would never be in a long distance relationship, is in a long distance relationship (until I move out there). I guess you just have to find someone who is worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment